Epson EPL-5900L

Hi all,

First of all, I must confess I am a total newbie regarding printing in Linux. So I have this printer, Epson EPL-5900L, which, according to linuxprinting.org, is working perfectly. However, I am having a hard time trying to make it work. I've downloaded and installed the drivers form http://epsonepl.sourceforge.net/. It installed an executable in /usr/local/bin called ijs_server_epsonepl. The thing is that now I don't know how to proceed further. I would like to be able to use the printer from within KDE. Should I install something else (CUPS maybe)? And how can I configure the printer so that it is "seen" by KDE? It is using the parallel port, not the USB.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Stelian