Re: phpbb for lists.debian.org

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:48:45 -0500, Billy Pilgrim <bpilgrim1979@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could lists.debian.org be served with phpbb instead of email lists?

Probably, but I for one would stop reading or posting to it.

> For one, emails addresses are currently exposed for spam harvesting.

Between the spam filtering that gets done by lists.debian.org and the
spam filtering that Gmail does for you, I wouldn't have thought this
would be a problem.  I'd guess that you've got a bunch of invitations
for Gmail -- do what I did and set up a separate Gmail account for
mailing lists.

> And two, phpbb is much better for archiving, searching, etc.  See
> mozilla forums, OOo forums, etc, etc, etc.

Can't stand the interface, and that's just for searching/reading.
With email, I can make the interface look the way I'd like it to look.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh