Re: Switching to X.org

On Monday 07 March 2005 13:20, David Baron wrote:
> This is not entirely trouble free but ...
>
> Copy /usr/X11R6 to somplace safe
> Download, compile and install latest Xorg
> Make the /etc/X11 link point to the xorg.
> Restart.

Eeek.  I wouldn't advise that.  At the very least, you should force uninstall
the debian xserver, install X in somewhere safe like /usr/local/Xorg, and use
equivs to tell debian that you've installed an equivalent server, so all is
well with packages that depend on X.

But other people have probably already packaged Xorg FOR debian, so hopefully
that wouldn't be necessary.

--
Lee.