Re: kernel-2.4.27 acpi not being found

Robert Vangel wrote:
Paul wrote:

I installed acpid on my laptop with the debian kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686 and a popup states that the kernel does not have acpi support and needs to be recompiled. It's true that 'cat /proc' does not show any acpi subdirectory, but:

However, that was from a vanilla 2.6.10, so there may be some other patch with the debian kernel-image which would effect this.

No, not a patch, but I just notice one of the lines in the config is:

CONFIG_ACPI_OFF=y

so, I added 'acpi=on' to the end of my boot line and now acpi is working.

Thanks for the tip,

Paul