Interpreting the output of ide-smart

After a string of hard drive failures I've been trying to monitor my
drives more carefully.  I had ide-smart run the offline tests and got
results.  Can anyone shed some light on how they should be
interpreted?  For example, in

Id=202  Status=10  {Advisory    Online }  Value=253  Threshold=  0  Passed
Id=203  Status=11  {Prefailure  Online }  Value=253  Threshold=180  Passed

I think I should read the column which says 'Advisory' or 'Prefailure'
as a description of the test, not the result.  In which case, they
passed so I shouldn't worry.  But I could also interpret the second
line as saying "The drive passes now but is about to fail".  Is either
correct?

Cheers,

--
Scott V. McGuire