Re: pstoedit - xfig guru

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:28:28 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> You can use the "free" acroread for Linux from Adobe which is also on
> the Marillat site, but with those you cannot *save* the filled out form.
> That you can do with acroread 5.1 which is given away for M$ users.

I usually just fill out the forms in acroread and print to a
postscript file.  If it's not a fillable pdf, I print to postscript
and then edit the ps file.  It's really pretty easy.  gv will tell you
the coordinates of the cursor, so if you find that the text should
have its lower-left corner at x=100 and y=250, you'd just do:
100 250 moveto
(Your text here) show
That assumes a font has been selected.  You can precede this with
something like:
/Times-Roman findfont 24 scalefont setfont

If you *really* want to make sure you get exactly what you want:
gsave
/Times-Roman findfont 24 scalefont setfont
100 250 moveto
(Your text here) show
% more moveto/show pairs for the remainder of the page
grestore

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh