Problem: LDAP Authentification on Courier Authdaemon

Hi together,

I try to run LDAP authentification for the courier authdaemon (for IMAP) -
but any authentication failes. LDAP is running and currently productive with
postfix, so I think the problem is not on the LDAP side. Searching for any
hint on the web I was not successful, so I hope, you can help me.

What makes me really think of:
I started logging for slapd but do NOT see any communication between ldap
and courier authdaemon ... (logging of postfix activity is ok, so the
logging generally works)

Snipplet from syslog:
imaplogin: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], username=XXX
imaplogin: authdaemon: starting client module
imaplogin: authdaemon: REJECT

System: Debian Sarge
Packages:
courier-ldap/testing uptodate 0.47-3
courier-authdaemon/testing uptodate 0.47-3
courier-base/testing uptodate 0.47-3
courier-imap/testing uptodate 3.0.8-3

--------- authldaprc ----------
LDAP_AUTHBIND           1
LDAP_BASEDN     ou=XXX,...
LDAP_BINDDN     ou=XXX,...
LDAP_BINDPW     secret!
LDAP_CRYPTPW            userPassword
LDAP_DEREF              never
LDAP_DOMAIN             XXX
LDAP_FILTER           (&(objectClass=qmailUser)(accountStatus~=courier))
LDAP_FULLNAME           cn
LDAP_GLOB_GID           vmail
LDAP_GLOB_UID           vmail
LDAP_HOMEDIR            mailMessageStore
LDAP_MAILDIR            mailMessageStore
LDAP_MAIL               mail
LDAP_MAILROOT        /home/vmail
LDAP_PORT       389
LDAP_SERVER     localhost
LDAP_TIMEOUT            15
LDAP_TLS                0

------- authdaemonrc -----------
authmodulelist="authldap"
authmodulelistorig="authcustom authcram authuserdb authldap authpgsql
authmysql authpam"
daemons=5
version=""

Thank you,