Re: Hello.

David R. Litwin wrote:
I'm new to both this Forum, Linux and Debian. I discovered this via
Knoppix (based on Debian). After having liked Knoppix, I partitioned
my Hard-Drive and installed Debian. Four times. As you can see, I'm
having many problems with it.

Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux!

Firstly, I should like to be able to connect to the Internet. I do so
via PPPoE (or is it simply PPP?) and have High Speed Internet. My I.
P. Address is non-static: It changes every time I connect to the
Internet.

I haven't ADSL, so I use ppp for to connect me to the internet but if
you have ADSL you must use pppoe and pppoeconf for to configure your
internet connection!

Secondly, how do I mount my Floppy Drive and Memory Stick? It wouldn't
work (even with the files on it RawWritten. Ratters! but it annoyed
me!).

Read mount man:

man mount

I'm sure that this isn't the proper place. Any way, any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Why? This is the proper place for help people! Here you don't find the
solutions but you can find some way for yours matters!

Boto

--
Francesco Cioffi
Linux User id #340148 (http://counter.li.org)