Re: to use the FQDN in /etc/hostname or not?

Yea, I'm not worried about DNS, and I know that's already setup right.
 I just had questions regarding if the FQDN belongs in /etc/hostname
or not.  It appears to work fine with or without it (but It's the
shortname now).  The FQDN in /etc/hosts makes 'hostname --fqdn'
display the expected output. (seems I have stuff not compile because
hostname --fqdn freaks out, but that was ages ago? ... )

$ hostname --fqdn
www.example.com

$ cat /etc/hostname
www

$ grep www /etc/hosts
192.168.0.100 www.example.com www

So there we have it.

<rant size="mini">
And yes, if I ask a question in English, the best response is ..
expected to be in English =).  Does your IMAP server respond with
RADIUS replies? why no. Or POP3 with the HTTP protocol? - no, why
that's just plain silly.
</rant>

An on line language translation did help some, but it's only so good...

Thanks Robert, Laurent,

Adieu (from the Middle English, not from Old French of "a dieu")

Scott Edwards
--
Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com
Surf the USA - http://www.surfthe.us