Re: evolution-exchange and Exchange 2003

%% "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

  >> NOTE!  There have been some serious bugs in different parts of Evo and
  >> Connector in the 2.x series.  Exactly which versions of the evolution,
  >> evolution-exchange, and evolution-data-server packages do you have
  >> installed?

  rcs> Whatever the latest is from experimental.  I have also installed
  rcs> from the Novell sources.

Sorry, but I don't use or know what is in experimental, nor what you
might have installed from Novell.  No offense, but if you want folks to
help you need to expend a little effort on your side as well.  It's
trivial for you to find out what versions of Debian packages you have
installed; try something like "dpkg -l 'evolution*'" for example.  Or,
if you like GUIs, look in Synaptic.

If you installed from Novell and overwrote the Debian package
installation, well, I don't know.  In general, you definitely don't want
to do that.

  >> Also, when you log in to your Exchange server do you need to
  >> provide a Windows domain, or can you provide just your username?

  rcs> With domain.

OK.  There was a bug in the early 2.0 Connectors that wouldn't work
properly for logins that required a domain.  However, it's definitely
fixed in newer versions like 2.0.3, etc.

I'm using evolution 2.0.3-1.2, evolution-data-server 1.0.3-2, and
evolution-exchange 2.0.3-1 and I can log in just fine to my Exchange
2003 server.  There is a known bug with calendaring in this version
(fixed in evolution-data-server 1.0.4, so I'm told) which I have a patch
for, but it only happens when you open your calendar and then only if
you have a certain kind of meeting in it (not sure of the details).  I
have also seen hangs (probably data server crashes) when accepting some
types of meeting updates.  Not sure about these; I'm waiting for the
2.0.4 update and if they still happen I'll look at them.

  >> Finally, what kinds of problems are you having?

  rcs> The setup window for the exchange connector (or the main window
  rcs> for Evolution) blocks and completely hangs (though I think this
  rcs> is becuase the data-server is hanging up) when trying to
  rcs> authenticate.

Also, the bug in earlier versions just gave you an error when you tried
to log in, it didn't hang.  It sounds to me like the data server is
crashing, actually.

There's a page on the Evolution site
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution) giving some good tips for
debugging and getting more information: