Re: evolution-exchange and Exchange 2003

Quoting Paul Smith <psmith@nortel.com>:

> %% "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:
>
>   rcs> Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the exchange
>   rcs> connector (from experimental) to work with OWA on an Exchange
>   rcs> 2003 server.  My organization uses Exchange 2003 and I would
>   rcs> really like to be able to work with my email in a sane manner,
>   rcs> instead of the broken Outlook web interface.
>
> Yep, use it every day.
>
> NOTE!  There have been some serious bugs in different parts of Evo and
> Connector in the 2.x series.  Exactly which versions of the evolution,
> evolution-exchange, and evolution-data-server packages do you have
> installed?

Whatever the latest is from experimental.  I have also installed from the
Novell sources.

> Also, when you log in to your Exchange server do you need to provide a
> Windows domain, or can you provide just your username?

With domain.

> Finally, what kinds of problems are you having?

The setup window for the exchange connector (or the main window for Evolution)
blocks and completely hangs (though I think this is becuase the data-server is
hanging up) when trying to authenticate.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr