Re: Accounting package

El Vie 04 Mar 2005 11:50, Marc Shapiro escribió:
> I have been looking into financial accounting packages, too, lately.
> GnuCash may be fine if you run Gnome, but the dependancies, otherwise,
> are more than I care to install.  SQL-Ledger works with PostgeSQL, but
> not with MySQL and for my purposes would be like rabbit hunting with an
> elephant gun.  I am currently trying to get QHacct to compile,  but  am
> having difficulties.
>
> I am not looking for anything real fancy.  I just want something that
> handles a double-entry G/L.  I don't need modules for A/P, A/R,
> Inventory, Payroll, POS, or anything else.  A command line, curses based
> G/L package would be just fine for me.  I don't object to a GUI
> interface, butg I don't require it, either.  Does anyone know of such a
> beast?  I'm just about ready to "reinvent the wheel" and write my own,
> since the original "wheel" seems to have been misplaced.
>
> --
> Marc Shapiro
> mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

If you are looking for a simple double-entry GL application, you can try
http://www.acyc.com/acyclite-7-1.i386.rpm It's rpm based, but I guess it can
be installed under Debian. Although it's commercial, I'd be happy to provide
you with a free license since I could use yor feedback in this testing stage.
It works in English or Spanish. Let me know.

Regards.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
Grupo ACyC