Re: Accounting package

I have been looking into financial accounting packages, too, lately. GnuCash may be fine if you run Gnome, but the dependancies, otherwise, are more than I care to install. SQL-Ledger works with PostgeSQL, but not with MySQL and for my purposes would be like rabbit hunting with an elephant gun. I am currently trying to get QHacct to compile, but am having difficulties.

I am not looking for anything real fancy. I just want something that handles a double-entry G/L. I don't need modules for A/P, A/R, Inventory, Payroll, POS, or anything else. A command line, curses based G/L package would be just fine for me. I don't object to a GUI interface, butg I don't require it, either. Does anyone know of such a beast? I'm just about ready to "reinvent the wheel" and write my own, since the original "wheel" seems to have been misplaced.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com