Re: aptitude: information area customizable?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 20:53 -0500, Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:

> highlight a package and hit enter
> q to go back
>
> shift + D also toggles show/hide the info panel since you were
> complaining about the space it takes up.

Thanks, I know all these shortcuts. What I wanted is the info
displayed via <enter> in an own window to be displayed in the
info area, just to save me that <enter> plus q, and to have
all info, package list and package details, visible at one time.

And regarding the wasted space, I meant that with a huge xterm
and info area, all that info area space is wasted if it just shows
the package description since much more data would fit in. So,
my question was if it's possible to stuff more data in the info
area via customization. It was kind of surprising to me that package
list and bars are customizable, but not the info area. Unless
you know better, of course.

Thx, Bruno.