Re: gxine disappeared in Sarge

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:21:35PM +0100, Jouke Witteveen wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:53:32 -0500, Carl Fink <carlf@fink.to> wrote:

> > > If it wont return, then what are the alternatives?
> >
> > Mplayer, xine-ui, totem, or vlc.  Are you using the Marillat archive?

> Mplayer and vlc are both not available (not listed on
> packages.debian.org/testing/ either) for Sarge from my mirror.

> No I'm not using Marillat, what is it?

Christian Marillat maintains an unofficial archive of multimedia
programs in Debian format at ftp.nerim.net, which includes mplayer.

Are you familiar with apt-get.org?  You can find sources there for
various multimedia packages, including vlc.  BTW, totem, a xine-based
player I prefer to gxine, is in Sarge.
--
Carl Fink                  carl@fink.to
Ask me about I-Con 24, April 8-10, 2005