Re: amaroK 1.2 broken?

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 12:30:55AM +0200, Andrey Andreev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got an update for amaroK from Debian unstable (1.1 -> 1.2)
>
> The first time I started amaroK, it loaded (into my tray). Then I
> restored the playlist window, and tried to view the collection sidebar.
> That's when it crashed.
>
> Now if I try to start it it exits before loading completely. I get the
> following trace if I start it from console:
>
> andrei@cibo:~$  amarok
[...]
> QThread::start: thread creation error: Resource temporarily unavailable

That means a pthread_create() call failed due to either not enough
resources or too many active threads.

Why?  Well, that's the real question, and I don't know the answer.  It
doesn't appear to be an amarok problem per say...

> Anyone else having the same problem? My collection contains a lot of
> songs with titles/etc. encoded as CP1251 or sometimes UTF8.

It works fine here.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.