Flakey video in XFree86 with an S3

I have a Compaq Presario 6000, Running Debian unstable. 2.6.10-1-k7
kernel.  I have setup a dual video setup, using the onboard S3 Savage
Pro DDR and an ATI All-in-Wonder Pro.  The 2 monitors are the Compaq
mv7500 that came with the system, and an Ezio T67s.

In the XFree86 config, the driver for the S3 is "savage".  Yet running
on either monitor, the screen is flakey, blocks of lines appear and
dissapear.  I get weird distortions when I open a program, or move a
window.  I have switched the monitors between cards and the one
connected to the S3 shows the same problems. Is there a way to get the
S3 savage pro ddr to work correctly?

Wayne