Re: Firefox complains about XML?

On Wednesday March 2 2005 01:50, Carl Fink wrote:
> Is anyone else getting "XML Parsing Error" messages from mozilla-firefox?
> I'm getting it in two places, one bad and one inexcusable (if it's a bug).
>
> 1.  The members signon page of comics.com
>
> 2.  Trying to open a file!  Yes, if I click File and select Open (or
>     press ^o) I get this:
>

> XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> Location: chrome://global/content/filepicker.xul
> Line Number 2, Column 14:
>

>              "all,dialog=no",url,null,null,line);
> ______________^

This problem often occurs when the browser package is updated and the browser
isn't restarted afterwards. It kind of mixes up cached files. Restart your
browser (and make sure you close all windows, don't forget a minimized
downloads window or something), and make sure that ther's no instance of
firefox-bin still running. Sometimes, stuff like Java can make the process
stick around, but a kill -9 usually solves that. If the problem persists, I
think you can try to remove the file XUL.mfasl from your profile directory,
but I am not 100% sure about that one.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de