Re: Sarge install problem

S K wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to install Sarge and get some problem with
my CDROM/RW Samsung SW-408B:
When I started installation with linux26 option my
system freeze after stage "detect CDROM".
When I started installation with expert26 option with
unloaded piix module, first stage of installation was
completed, but I can't mount my CDROM to continue
installation. PIIX module was loaded with ide-core.
I'm trying to add piix to blacklist with no results...

I has installed ASP Linux(RedHat based) and this
problem was solved when I used ide-scsi instead of
ide-cd with disabled DMA on CDROM (hdc).

Did you look in the Debian package "installation-reports" for something similar? That is where the d-i problems are reported, you might find a similar problem.

What happens when you just use the default install? (2.4.27)

HTH