Re: Problem with xfce4

--- Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:

> 'ello Debian
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:33:57PM -0500, Patrick
> Wiseman wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:01:39 -0800 (PST), Sergio
> Basurto Juarez
> > <sbasurtoj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > I am having problems with xfce4 and debian
> testing, the problem is that
> > > everything is working but when I access to x
> server it start, but it does
> > > not load completly, x server does not generate
> any log.
> > Does this always happen or just when you don't
> have a network
> > connection when you start up?  Although I haven't
> observed this
> > behavior recently, it used to be that the panel
> would sometimes just
> > not open if I was not connected to the network;
> the weather plugin
> > seemed to have something to do with it.
>
> Yeah that's a known (to upstream) bug that won't be
> fixed without some
> serious rearchitecturing of the panel or fixing the
> weather plugin.
>
> Also Sergio have a look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
> for your X log.

I did not know about the bug reported but it make
sense for me because I deinstall everything from
xserver to xfce4 and gdm I reinstall everything again
and it works I omit the weather plugin.

Thanks to everybody that replies to this thread.

Regards

=====
--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)