Re: Problem with xfce4

'ello Debian

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:33:57PM -0500, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:01:39 -0800 (PST), Sergio Basurto Juarez
> <sbasurtoj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I am having problems with xfce4 and debian testing, the problem is that
> > everything is working but when I access to x server it start, but it does
> > not load completly, x server does not generate any log.
> Does this always happen or just when you don't have a network
> connection when you start up?  Although I haven't observed this
> behavior recently, it used to be that the panel would sometimes just
> not open if I was not connected to the network; the weather plugin
> seemed to have something to do with it.

Yeah that's a known (to upstream) bug that won't be fixed without some
serious rearchitecturing of the panel or fixing the weather plugin.

Also Sergio have a look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log for your X log.

--
 ,--huggie-at-earth-dot-li--------stuff-thing-stuff----------DF5CE2B4--.
_|   "Haven't you ever seen a dragon being arrested before?" - Capt    |_