Re: Problems mounting CDROM

Piers Kittel wrote:
Hello all,

Using Debian Sarge, and am having probs mounting my laptop's CDROM drive - when I use the stock kernel, the CDROM is found and I can mount it just fine but when I recompiled a new kernel today, it doesn't work - can anyone advice please? I've recompiled the kernel on the laptop a few times for a while, and CDROM always worked. Even rolled back to an older kernel I compiled, but CDROM doesn't work for that either. But when using the stock kernel, it works fine. I must have broken something. Can anyone help?

* deleted message part *

Cheers - Piers

Hey there,

This may sound a bit obvious, but have you checked fstab, and then checked that the mount point exists. I am having a similar problem with 2.6.8-2-386 with Debian Sarge, where the mount points /media/cdrom0 and /media/cdrom1 do not exist. This has also happened to me after recent updates.

Rhys

--
| Rhys Hardwick            |  www.rhyshardwick.co.uk  |