Re: Need help getting started with CUPS

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:18:12PM +0000, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 22:13, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > http://cmn.lan.gnu:631/
> > I get:
> > Forbidden
> > You don't have permission to access the resource on this server.
> >
> > I clearly need to set up some sort of access permissions for CUPS. Where?
> > How?
>
> Try http://localhost:631
>
> --
> Lee.

But the CUPS server is not on localhost for me on my desktop machine, which
is not my lan-server.

When I do  http://localhost:631 on my desktop machine I get connection refused,
which is not surprising and not something I want to fix.

I don't want to run a browser on the lan-server machine. I don't have X installed
on it, and I don't want to have to struggle with a text-only browser while
attempting to learn about CUPS.

Thanks, anyway.

--
Paul E Condon