Re: cdrecord problems

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:42:28PM +0100, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> When trying to burn CD's, the process seems to complete without errors
> (using k3b, cdrecord commandline or xcdroast), but if I try to check
> md5sum, I get the error message that the md5sum-information is not
> readable.md5sum (see outout below).
>
> "
> feil ved handsaming av /dev/cdrw: mislukkast i buffer_read(fd): mdfil:
> Inn/ut-feil
> "
>
> And an effort to translate to english:
>
> "
> error comparing /dev/cdrw: non-succesfull in buffer_read(fd): mdfile:
> I/O-error
> "
>
> The burned CD is mountable, readable, but in the case of burning Knoppix,
> the CD will not boot properly.
>
> CDRW device: Lite-On LTR48126S
>
> General system info:
>   Debian Sarge GNU/Linux
>   Kernel Image 2.4.27-1-386
>
> Cheers, Vegard

Hi Vegard,

what exactly are you comparing with md5sum? I ran into similar problems
when having an Iso image. When comparing the original Iso with the burnt
CD, I got read/write errors, IIRC. The way around was to mount the CD,
do a

mount -o loop image.iso /mnt/loop

and then do something like:

cd /mnt/loop/
find ./ -type f | sort | xargs -n 1 md5sum > ~/iso.md5sum
cd /cdrom/
find ./ -type f | sort | xargs -n 1 md5sum > ~/cdrom.md5sum
diff ~/iso.md5sum ~/cdrom.md5sum

Hth,
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred