Re: cdrecord problems

> Hi Vegard,
>
> what exactly are you comparing with md5sum? I ran into similar problems
> when having an Iso image. When comparing the original Iso with the burnt
> CD, I got read/write errors, IIRC. The way around was to mount the CD,
> do a
>
> mount -o loop image.iso /mnt/loop
>
> and then do something like:
>
> cd /mnt/loop/
> find ./ -type f | sort | xargs -n 1 md5sum > ~/iso.md5sum
> cd /cdrom/
> find ./ -type f | sort | xargs -n 1 md5sum > ~/cdrom.md5sum
> diff ~/iso.md5sum ~/cdrom.md5sum
>
> Hth,
> --
> Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred
>                  Key-ID: 0x81073379

Thanks for the reply Andreas.

I'm using the command 'md5sum /dev/cdrw' & 'md5sum image.iso', to visually
compare the outputs. This have worked once before, do not know how.

The method you mentioned gave no errormessages, and the final result was:

     hjem:/mnt/loop# diff ~/iso.md5sum ~/cdrom.md5sum
     hjem:/mnt/loop#

Assuming this means the md5sum's are equal. Does this mean that the CD
burned is burned correctly, and the command  'md5sum /dev/cdrw' is not
working well?

But still, the CD's I burn differ from the original. If I burn a
divx-movie, parts of the burned movie has big errors wich the original
does not have.

Where is a good place to start looking for reasons for the error?

Best regards Vegard