Re: where do I get nvidia sources?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Pollywog wrote:

> > For more details about installing the nvidia drivers, see
> > http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/.

you get nvidia driver sources from nvidia itself
	http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

	( graphic drivers for linux )

	use their silly installer .. works good when/if you manually go
	in and fix the things they mess up and didnt clean up properly :-)

> What a mess it is...  I can't get KDE to start using "nvidia" only "nv" and I
> suspect it is because I have not installed glx but I found no packages for
> glx other than one that seems to require a 2.4.x kernel, which is installed
> with that package.

make sure glxgears ( tests openGL ) work before playing with nvidia

make sure you do NOT have duplicate new and obsolete libs in the various
x11 directories
	/usr/lib /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/modules ...

you get glx from
	ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/opengl/glx/glx1_2.1.tgz

more glx/dri/drm fun and 3D displays
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/MotherBoard/

c ya
alvin