Re: WTSFTP?

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
On Wednesday 23 February 2005 05:10 pm, Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
thanks but an ftp client is not what I am looking for. WTSFTP has a server-client arch. It enables file transfer over the Windows Terminal Services connection. I have the server-app installed on the

But maybe WINE should be my next learning experience. If I have file transfer abilities with my work M$ servers I will be able to spend much more time in the linux environment.

I assume you have a firewall blocking everything but Terminal Services, otherwise you probably want to use WinSCP from the windows machine. You can obviously try listening with sshd on a port that would go through the FW.

I know what I would propose is not really a solution, but here is what I have used in cases when I needed to get a binary file to a win server that couldn't get stuff by ftp/http/smb/pop3/anything-but-terminal-services. I uuencoded the file, copy-pasted it accross the terminal services connection, and uudecoded it on the other side. Sucky but worked.

Greets,

Andro