Thanks for the Info about Beagle and another question about SATA

Thanks Linux community.  It appears that beagle and
one other mentioned piece of software will do what I
want although they are in the early stages of
developement and at least beagle does not support KDE
although KDE projects similar are underway (I prefer
KDE). At least this search feature will be here before
windows Longhorn has those capabilities but probably
not before apple OSX has it in version 10.4. I believe
this feature to be the next step in desktop operating
systems. It would also be nice if these programs would
search google (with users permission) and some of the
other search engines for related info. Also it would
be nice if one could have it search the websites
previously visited for related information for cross
referencing since this would reveal relavant
information as well. I also found a program for linux
that does a fuzzy search of picutures for similar
pictures with limited success. Thanks again.

My next question is a pressing one. I have a nice 100
gig hard drive and a Adaptec ASH-1205 SA SATA
controller I used to use in Windows. Unfortunately I
can not find supported drivers for it. Does anyone
know where I can find such a driver? I have searched
and search and have turned up nothing. Please also let
me know "where you searched for this" so I can be like
the guy with the fishing pole instead of the guy given
a fish to eat!

Please note I found this reference page
http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html#adaptec-fakeraid
It mentions the 1205SA being supported by libata's
sata_sil subdriver with a patch. It doesnt mention the
patch and it doesnt give a working link.

Thanks in advance!

Steven Anderson