Hoe to keep an history of package releases installation ?

The only way I know to understand when did I install the last release of a package is to look into the /var/lib/dpkg/info directory

ls -latr /var/lib/dpkg/info/*list

This does not show the package release nor does it permit keeping an "history" of package levels/installation dates.

I feel this info would be very useful in the resolution of certain problems.

Is there some way to achieve this or is this impossible and would need a new feature in the .deb packages ?

Grazie.
Bob