Re: Need Help W/ DNS Server

Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Wednesday 23 February 2005 03:21 pm, John wrote:

It's Debian -- I've been using apt-get a lot! ;)

(I started out with Suse, then Redhat, switched to Mandrake, and used RPM based systems for about 5 years before trying Libranet -- which I'm not using for reasons I won't go into here -- and I will *NEVER* go back to RPM based distros! While there are some things about setup that can be harder on Debian, I'm definitely sticking with it.)

OK, it seems that some of the file locations give me flashbacks to my RH days, and these are not happy thoughts.

It seems to be pretty much inline with Debian. I have a hard drive rack in that system, so I may swap out the drive and try an install with Knoppix, so I've got a fresh setup, and see if that is any easier.

If you can deal with sarge, I would recommend trying the new netinstall iso image rather then knoppix, Monday, I used it to install 5 servers and it was actually painless.
--

Have a great day...

John Cichy