Re: hard drive indexing and realtime searching

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:48:42 -0800 (PST), Steven Anderson
<hikenboot@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Debian Users:
>
> I wonder wether there is any projects under way to
> give Linux the same type of searching and indexing
> features that are going to be availbable with Windows
> Longhorn and  Mac OS 10.4? I understand that there is
> a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive
> now which i ran across some time ago. Unfortunately it
> did not seem to work when I issued the command
> although it ran somthing all night long. Anyone know
> what command this is since I cant seem to find it
> again. Also anyone know of any indexing projects?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steven Anderson

I just got this information from debian weekly news mail. You are
looking for doodle package. Coupled with famd and doodled daemons, it
is very much close to what you are asking for (ie realtime).

hope that helps

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Cornell University