From: jim biri [mailto:jim.biri@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:22 AM
To: Justin Piszcz
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SARGE compatible Gigabit Ethernet adapter/card

Thanks Justin:

What gets me - is - how do you know a card is compatible before buying?

I've got a SARGE installation, with a "2.6.8-2-686" kernel installed.
If I do modconf, and look for modules to load - if I were to buy an
Intel card, and I can't see anything remotely looking like an Intel
module.

I'm looking in: kernel/drivers/net module.

So - if I can't find anything looking like Intel support, how would
Sarge just support such a network card?

Thanks Jim.