Fwd: burning dvd

Maximiliano Combina wrote:

no problem for the adding of data (at least from what the documentation
says, I haven't tried it myself). From the man page:

To master and burn an ISO9660 volume with Joliet and Rock-Ridge
extensions on a DVD:

  growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /some/files

To append more data to same DVD:

  growisofs -M /dev/dvd -R -J /more/files

Make sure to use the same options for both inital burning and
following sessions.

To use growisofs to write a pre-mastered ISO-image to a DVD:

  growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

As you can see, extremely easy. Not even the need to make an iso anymore.

King regards

you can also take a look:
man growisofs

regards
--
Plantalta random fortune:
No es que duerma mucho, es que duermo despacio

dear all,

got the thing (of course, it is debian) working.

thanx to you all for your good advice. ...and, yes i read man growisofs and (another time) man mkisofs and man dvdrecord.

I choose for growisofs; far out the easiest way (thanx andreas).

there is one thing everybody should be prudent with: the results of the command < growisofs -M /dev/dvd etc/ etc.>

my burners (liteon and aopen) do not recognize a dvd anymore 'as such' after I added another file on the same dvd (ceteris paribus). by the way: 'man growisofs' makes this possibility clear.

is there a solution for this problem nowadays??

thanx

and kr.,

groeten,

steef

..............I think I must add something to my text in this message. Good old woody recognizes both of my burners. In woody 3.x I, long time ago did as root
in lilo.conf  <"hdb=ide-scsi"
so i could mount this device/file as
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/sdc0  /cdrom

and, lo!

my dvd-disk was mounted and the results of both commands <growisofs -Z etc.> and <growisofs -M etc.> were 'recognized'. so under woody i can ply my favoured 3 GB of jazz

so i think maybe i made a mistake by mounting the devices under the (newer) sarge. i use the possibility given under /home/steef under Devices (on the left: /media/cdromx

are there other possibilities maybe? (now scsi is 'automated') ?????

kr.,

steef