Re: CUPS doesn't see USB printer after being offline 2 weeks

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
>> CW Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com> writes:

>> > Considering the widespread use of bash it is certainly unfortunate that
>> > it is the same as a bash builtin.
>> Actually, 'enable' is part of System V printing system with predates both
>> CUPS and bash by a large margin.
>
> Hmm... I have to retify my comment, then.  Please s/calling a CUPS
> program/calling a SysV printing adinistration command/ on my coments above.
> I apologise to the CUPS crew for blaming on them SysV braindamage.

Just out of curiosity, why do you consider this a 'braindamage'?  You define
a printer using lpadmin, you 'enable' it and you make it 'accept'
requests. Of course, you can also 'disable' it and make it 'reject'
requests. These are all SYSV lp commands: enable, disable, accept, reject.

Or maybe they should be 'enbl', 'dsbl', 'accpt' and 'rjct' ? :-)

Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer