From: John [mailto:john@greengator.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 February 2005 9:11 a.m.
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

I have spent the last 20+ years teaching myself about computers. I think

I did a great job, but in this day and age, having the piece of paper
makes all the difference.

I figured I would try to take classes online, as much time as I spend in

front of computers, it was a natural fit. I looked into a couple of
universities, and found windows to be a requirement. Then I found
aiuonline.edu, the counsel said you don't need IE. That was a week ago,
and I've pulled out most of my geek hair with more issues then I'd care
to rehash.

Bottom line is that I was told today that most people online today use
IE. I just wonder how they would react if a even a portion of the Debian

community contacted them, then refused to sign up because IE was the
only option.

Sorry for jumping on a soap box, I'll get off now.
--

Have a great day...

John Cichy