Re: KDE, GNOME, too intrusive for me !! Any alternatives ?

> on Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:46:48PM +0100, Bob Alexander (bob@ngi.it)
> wrote:
>> Mi??elis Rozenbergs wrote:
>> >fvwm?
>> >http://www.lynucs.org/?fvwm
>> >

>> Thank you Mikelis.
>>
>> My question is not really about window managers. I know and have used
>> many in the past (amongst which windowmaker, enlightmenet, fvwm, xfce
>> etc etc).
>>
>> My question is really about the feasibility of using one of these "pure
>> windowmanagers" along with some selected KDE and GNOME applications
>> amongst which konqueror, k3b, gaim, grip etc
>
> I run WindowMaker.  You can pry it out of my cold, dead fingers....

I also run WindowMaker.

I did find one annoying little event with a recent installation of KDE
that I was playing with.

Under WindowMaker, if I click on a link in Thunderbird, nothing happens.
I have to copy the link and past it into FireFox.  I don't mind this too
much and some day will look into setting up a connection between
Thunderbird and Firefox in regards to this and mailto: links.

However, after installing KDE, clicking on the link will launch Konqueror.
 Even though I'm currently running Firefox and am not logged in or running
anything based on KDE.

I find that most annoying.

So, I guess the time to figure out that relationship between Thunderbird
and Firefox has arrived....