[Maybe OT]WINE related question

Using the latest WINE package from sid.

I have my NTFS XP partition mounted as r/o.

I am delighted in discovering that MANY applications I find under /winxp/programs/*.exe actually work !!! :)

When they don't most times it is only because they need some shared DLL (which usually lives in /winxp/windows/system*). If I copy the DLL's to the *.exe directory they work.

So my question is, in my setting, how do I define that WINE should add the /winxp/windows/system directory to it's "PATH" ?????

Sorry for the super-wine-newbie question :)

Bob