upgrade openoffice 1.0.3 (woody) to 1.1.2 (sarge)

Hallo,

I'm administrator of net with servers and thin-clients with debian. At this
time all machines has woody installed. Now I want upgrade to sarge. I have
installed a test-server (with dis-upgrade). But I have problems with
openoffice. The upgrade of package works. Openoffice is installed at the
server. If a user log in to the test-server and start openoffice at the first
time, all user settings get lost. I have found that the old settings ar at
~/.openoffice/1.0.1/user/config/registry/*.xml and the new under
~/.openoffice/1.0.1/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/*.xcu. I don't found a
script or program that convert the old settings to the new files and syntax.
If you have on or two users, you can do it by hand. But I have over 50. The
user doesn't see that his settings go lost, he only say that the new system
lost the templates of our institut.

Why goes openoffice not thru the setup at the first startup by user? Know
someone a method to convert the settings from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2?

Thanks

Monika
Monika Strack
Institut fuer Tierzucht
Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Landwirtschaft

31535 Neustadt               e-mail: most@tzv.fal.de
Germany                      Tel: +49 5034 /871 154
                             Fax: +49 5034 /871 239