Re: Firefox print output problem

On Sunday 20 February 2005 14.50, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a really strange problem with printing webpages from Firefox
> (Debian package 1.0+dfsg.1-2). The actual page content prints quite
> fine, but the page headers and footers are borked. They are printed in
> letter font with only letters printed (no numbers, no slashes), so that
> a page address like http://www.example.org/index.html is reduced to
> httpwwwexampleorgindexhtml and the page number is changed from "1 of 1"
> to a simple "of", time and date are just displayed as "pm" or "am"
> depending on the time of day with both the actual date and time
> stripped.
>
> I had first suspected the printer's PS emulation to be at fault, but
> the error shows in a postscript file as well. Even stranger is the fact
> that it only seems to occur with the default printer driver
> "printername@:64". It works fine with "PostScript/printername", but I
> can't easily switch between simplex and duplex print there.
>
> In fact, I haven't found one other misbehaving application so far.
> Might that be because all apps but Firefox are using a sane printer
> system while Firefox relies on xprt-xprintorg which is in an early
> alpha stage?

I have also had problems with Firefox printouts with certain pages. The
content which should stretch across several printed pages only shows on
the first page and is then cut short, but seems to overlap onto the
second page in print preview mode (and not on paper). Also the page
header (which in this case is an image) is printed on a separate page
which it shouldn't be. This is on a fairly long page with lots of divs
(no tables) that is written in "almost" correct xhtml.

Olle