was ... "Creative Nomad Muvo TX" MP3 players? now iRiver

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:08:56AM -0600, Steve Block wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 09:07:49AM +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
> About the mp3 players, though, while most flash-based players allow you
> to hook them up via USB and copy files over (like a generic flash
> storage device), many actually require some custom software instead. I
> have no idea about the iRiver units, but the iPods for example use a

I've tried, successfully, ifpgui (http://ifpgui.sourceforge.net) with
my iRiver.  It is still under active development so it has some
less than optimal features, but it works.  It requires newer Qt
libs, so it won't compile on woody.

> A quick google search makes me think the iriver acts like a generic usb
> mass storage device, and that you can just drop your music files on it.

There are two branches of iFP firmware, as the web site above explains,
so depending on which one you have, you might be able to do that or not.

A.