Re: changing ip address

Jesse Ackerman wrote:
Hello All:

I am trying to change the IP address on a debian
system. I am unsin Debian and this is the first time
I've installed a linux system. I used the default ip
address on the installation disk and now want to
change it to my ip for testing. Either there isn't an
explanation or I am missing it in the Debian
installation documents. I have found the following
instructions (below in quotes).

Is this the easiest and best way to change an IP
address?

using a static IP or a dynamic one from a DHCP server ?
man ifconfig in the first case
man dhclient in the second

HTH,
Bob