Re: Athlon XP and Debian

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 14:12 -0800, Tom Penharston wrote:
> That's my understanding as well, the 64 bit CPUs run cooler.
>
> Despite some harsh words on Tom's Hardware, the Athlon XP series still
> has a good reputation for reliability.   I think the Athlon XP will
> give me consistant performance running Linux.  At the end of the day
> I'm not getting into Debian or DeMuDi to trouble shoot a new board.  I

IMO, AMD64 has been around long enough that it (and it's boards)
isn't considered "new" anymore.  Again, that's just MO.

> just want to build a cheap machine that works with the drivers in the
> distro.

Is DeMuDi based on Sarge or Woody?  If Woody, then I can definitely
understand you wish to stay away from nForce and SATA.

When next I buy a PC, noise (meaning "heat") will be as important
as performance.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"All is ephemeral -- fame and the famous as well."
Marcus Aurelius (121-180)