Athlon XP and Debian

I'm building a very affordable Agnula/DeMuDi machine. I based my
choices roughtly on recommendations from the Agnula website:
http://www.agnula.org/Members/charles/hardware/view

The page suggested the Asus A7N8 Delta, and I ended up with the
A7N8x-E.  I just need to get an Athlon XP CPU.  Here are some exelent
benchmarks for Athlon XP CPUs, unfortunately the tests are restricted
to Windows XP:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030513/athlon_xp-22.html

Obviously it would be convient to find some Debian benchmarks for
Athlon.  If not Debian, any Linux kernel benchmarks would be
apprciated.  Please direct me to any helpful sites.

All Athlon XP CPUs are relatively affordable in 2005, so you might be
wondering why I don't simply get the "3200".  Well, for one, Tom's
Hardware says that the Athlon XPs turn into paper tigers at the top of
the line.  (The performance increase is marginal.)  Secondly, I noticed
that the 3200 disapates a lot of heat.  This is an audio machine, so
I'd be happy with a lesser CPU if I could run cooler and quiter.

Thanks in advance,
-Tom