Re: Not able to install Debian

Manudath Gurudatha wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install the latest Debian on my old machine having a Quantum SCSI hard drive. This hard drive currently has Red hat 9.0 and I was able to install RH Enterprise on it without any problems.

But when I tried to install debian on it, I get an error similar to "No Hard drives found."

Sounds like your SCSI adapter isn't supported by the
default kernel and drivers.  From the initial boot screen
you should be able to hit a function key that will tell you
some options to give the kernel to support a number of
SCSI adapters that you might have.  I forget which F-key
has the information.

You'll need to know what sort of SCSI card you have, and
maybe the IRQ and I/O addresses.

Good luck.

Regards, Rossc.