Not able to install Debian

Hi,

I am trying to install the latest Debian on my old machine having a Quantum SCSI hard drive. This hard drive currently has Red hat 9.0 and I was able to install RH Enterprise on it without any problems.

But when I tried to install debian on it, I get an error similar to "No Hard drives found." I tried a couple of other options on the Debian installation menu like: "Mount a previously existing partition" for which I got the error "No ext2, minix, msdos, affs partitions that had already been mounted have been detected"

For the option "Partition a Hard disk", "initialize a Linux Partition", they all give a message that is similar to "No hard drives found in the system".

Can you please let me know what might be the problem? The installation CD is fine because I was able to install debian from the same cd on a IDE-hard drive machine.

I am not even able to zero-in on what might be wrong with this setup..

Thanks,
Manudath