Re: Mail server setup

Robert Brockway wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Sarunas wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a peek. However, I've been feeling like a more human readable option=value
config lately.

sendmail.mc is human readable.  By far the best way to maintain a sendmail config is to build a
.mc file and use the supplied m4 macros to build a .cf.
Right. But one has to remember not to use sendmailconfig for configuration after tailoring sendmail.mc by hand (adding TLS for example). Sendmailconfig will not keep your changes: it will recreate the file anew and then compile it. Quite dangerous.

Our preferred MTA is postfix although we do have many clients running Sendmail for various
reasons (mainly because they use software that requires it).
Sendmail's milters are more elegant than SMTP reinserts done by Postfix (amavis for clamav/spamassassin), IMHO.

Sarunas