Re: Mail server setup

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:

3. Relay using SMTP AUTH for "road warriors" (cram-md5 or plain + SMTP TLS).
4. Authentication using system accounts in /etc/passwd with possibility to switch to LDAP.

I'm currently using sendmail with milters for parts 1 and 2.

So far I only skimmed through Postfix and Exim docs and it's somewhat not that quite clear whether the 3+4 part is at all possible. Has anybody done

Sure. Both of these are widely deployed around the world and any full featured MTA will do these without too much hassle.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.