Re: [Fwd: burning dvd]

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:56:36PM +0100, steef wrote:

> hi list,
>
> it seems possible to burn dvd's with cdrecord.
>
> but: how do i make a isofile of my raw metarial?
>
> it seems (guess i am doing wrong something) that  mkisofs  -dvd-video
> etc etc. does not work properly:
>
> what should i do to make it work??
>
> and, is the procedure with cdrecord the same as when i burn cdrom's?? or
> different??
>
> does anybody did this (yes, of course) and with what commands??
>
> i use sarge, krnel 2.6.8-2-xxx
>
> thnx,
>
> steef

Hi Steef,

have a look at '/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.DVD.Debian', where the
reasons are given why cdrecord under Debian does not support DVDs, although
there _are_ versions of cdrecord that do. Are there reasons why you
can't use growisofs from the dvd+rw-tools package? That program does all I
need for writing DVDs (no matter if plus minus, R,RW).

Hth

--
Andreas Rippl -- I prefer encrypted mail