Sarge and supported chipsets

Hi,

I've queried previously about how to find if Sarge has support for a
particular IDE controller, i.e. for the Promise Ultra ATA-133 TX2 card
- that runs the PDC20268 chipset.

Previously,  it had been suggested that I do the following:
--- modprobde pdc202xx_new
--- Then look in dmesg
--- And I should see entries like:

PDC20268: chipset revision 2
PDC20268: 100% native mode on irq 10

However - if I do this, I *don't* see any of the entries above.
FYI: I don't have the card in, I'd just to be 100% sure before I buy
said cards that my installation(s) do support them.

I've done modconf and found the drivers, and it says they are already
installed - however - I'm just puzzled as to why my previous
instructions (i.e. the modprobe and dmesg commands) don't seem to
work.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks, Jim.