Best groupware

What are your opinions on the best groupware software out there. I've looked into phpgroupware, egroupware, opengroupware, horde, and a few others. Even with the demos, it's hard to get a feel for which ones work well and which aren't quite there yet. Also, some have normal apt sources and others have outside deb sources...

For my purposes, one of the main uses would be a filemanager functionality that would allow for user and "common" access to the files on the fileserver (same machine). Scheduling and other functionality may or may not be used.

Does anyway have a good feel for which software suite might best suit my needs?

Thank you very much in advance...

Peter Sebastian Masny